Thursday, July 9, 2009

I've been doing just a little Clay Work!

Trash to Treasures, I have YEARS ago put Salt Dough on jar lids , sold them to Circus World in Florida, Disney World, and a chain of Country Stores. Those jars made Marc my hubby think again . Everyone is going Green and these are some nice jars. Fill them with goodies, like soup mixes or cookie mixes and give as gifts to your friends and family. So he started saving jars when we finished the spaghetti sauce, or fruit , or even jelly jars. Here are a few I decided I better start designing as the box of jars are overflowing. I even sold the first batch of 12 to some of my teachers. They sold from 14.95 to 28.95 . I used my Studio Home Dem. Clay and then painted with Folk Art Enamel Paints on the clay and jars. And it was so much fun.. I love working with all kinds of glass.
Here are some of the jars Marc saved for me and what I created with them ~



I put 3 glass plates, two sunday dishes (about $10 at WalMart) turned the sunday dishes upside down and glued it all together with E6000 to create this project piece and then made different kinds of flowers to go up the center. I had so much creating this ~



This is a closer look at the top

Check out the gift Sandy McTier made for me using a glass rose bowl ~ I love to use it and actually keep a lot of my Studio Clay tools in it. I love Poppies and look at the centers of these!
Thanks Marc for again inspiring me...... more to come.. love,